[plug] OT: quick question for the skype enthusiast

Steve autobot at iinet.net.au
Mon Feb 21 14:49:56 WST 2005

using aumix, amixer or alsamixer as a normal user, you can usually see a
microphone sound adjust level. Make sure it isnt 'muted' and the sound level is
more than zero ( iset mine to 70-90% volume level). In alsamixer, unmute with
'm' you'll see the 'mute' disappear from the top. Pres ESC to save and quit
alsamixer.

I dont know any sound recorder equiv...im sure there is one.  But quickest test
is to  ring someone and ask if they can hear you.

Debian has an easy package installation that results in quick program
installation for most programs not matter how complicated - I recommend this for
anyone wanting easy program installation.
 For me - gentoo is a too much more involved because of compiling and installing.

Shanon

~Steve