[plug] kmail and KDE question (simple, I hope!)

Denis Brown dsbrown at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Tue Feb 22 16:24:48 WST 2005

Adding a bit more info to my query...

At 04:01 PM 22/02/2005, you wrote:
> From the "I Should Know This" (tm) department :-)
>
>Rebuilt a Gentoo machine, emerge'd kde and friends.   Cannot see any
>mention of kmail though in the popup menues.   Did not worry about it too
>much, delivered

Fired up a Knoppix CD and under KDE 3.whatever Kmail is there under "Internet"
A "locate" found kmail in /usr/bin

Connected to the problem-child machine and the closest I get is
kmailservice in /usr/kde/3.3/bin

Not having the machine in front of me it seems pointless trying to run
kmailservice in a terminal :-)

So... on a working machine, kmail should be in /usr/bin, correct?   There
seem to be no error messages from the kmail emerge, by the way.

TIA,
Denis