[plug] Transfering vinyl record's to CD

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Wed Feb 23 09:33:12 WST 2005

landerson <easygoing at aijv.com.au> writes:

> Good morning to one & all,

> I am contemplating transfering my LP's & cassettes to CD's, what
> software does one require under Linux to effect the change.

For transferring vinyl (or shellac!) recordings, you can try
"gramofile".

http://panic.et.tudelft.nl/~costar/gramofile/

It's included in a number of distros. It includes useful filters for
click, pops, etc.

Keep in mind that a turntable will typically require RIAA
equalisation to flatten the audio response curve; something that's
built into "older" stereo system pre-amplifiers.