[plug] resolv.conf file

Quintin Lette qlette at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 21:49:32 WST 2005

resolv.conf gets overwritten by dhcp, correct the nameserver in your
dhcp configuration or assign a static ip address to this machine.

to ensure the webserver comes up on boot make sure there is a simlink
in /etc/rc?.d/ (your default runlevel) pointing to
/etc/init.d/apache(2)
on debian my simlinks for apache are:

/etc/rc0.d/K20apache -> ../init.d/apache
/etc/rc1.d/K20apache -> ../init.d/apache
/etc/rc2.d/S91apache -> ../init.d/apache
/etc/rc3.d/S91apache -> ../init.d/apache
/etc/rc4.d/S91apache -> ../init.d/apache
/etc/rc5.d/S91apache -> ../init.d/apache
/etc/rc6.d/K20apache -> ../init.d/apache

to reload apache you can do /etc/init.d/apache graceful or apachectl
graceful. This will keep any open sessions alive if apache is actually
running, and start apache if it wasn't.

Hope that helps, and was what you were asking

Cheers
Quintin