[plug] Transfering vinyl record's

Timothy White weirdo at tigris.org
Fri Feb 25 10:40:03 WST 2005

What kernel is it running? (uname -a will help)
If it is 2.4 I think you need to append hdc=ide-scsi (replace with
appropriate letters) to the kernel boot line.
This isn't need in 2.6 though so if you do have it already appended and
are running 2.6 then remove them.

Also how are you try to check that the drive is accessible?
Can you read normal CD's from it?
If you do a 'ls /proc/ide' you should be able to see all IDE devices
found on your computer.
For example it could look like

drivers  hda/     hdb/     ide0/

Showing that I have a drive on Primary Master and Primary Slave
Say that I then added a new drive to the Secondary Master (burner) it
would now look like this

drivers  hda/     hdb/     hdc/     ide0/    ide1/

You would then need to add a fstab entry (unless you have some automount
going) to /etc/fstab of the form

/dev/cdrom2 /cdrom2  iso9660  defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto  0  0

(Note you would replace /dev/cdrom2 with the correct device. Mine is a
symlink to my second CD drive)
This should get you started with accessing the drive to read CD's from.
Once you can read CD's then you can try and burn CD's

Tim

--
Tim White - Use the Fox, Luke!
PGP/GPG id: 602E944D, Pub Key Serv: subkeys.pgp.net