[plug] [OTish] Thinking of upgrading Palm Pilot

Chris Caston caston at arach.net.au
Sun Feb 27 15:41:42 WST 2005

On Sun, 2005-02-27 at 15:12, Senectus . wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 14:38:16 +0800, Chris Caston <caston at arach.net.au> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm looking to upgrade my current m130 to something more modern. Anyone
> > bought one recently and had good experiences using it with Linux and
> > syncing it with apps like kontact/kpilot/evolution?
> >
> > Other than the critical Linux support I'm looking for something with:
> >
> > * Rugged design
> >
> > * Stylus based rather than keypad
> >
> > * WiFi
> >
> > * Microphone and speaker
> >
> Stick to the palms.. or at least don't buy anything running MSppc OS
> (windows for PDA's)

Of course. I think that Linux is the best choice for servers and
desktops as well as developer PDAs.

In my own personal use I have found PalmOS to be fantastic on the PDA
and would never consider a PocketPC device.

I much prefer a device with fast solid state storage to a clunky hard
drive (the only selling point of which is its storage capacity) that is
going to break after I have dropped it twice. With my m130 I have
dropped it about 20 times and although I did need to glue the fact cover
back on its never missed a beat.

regards,

Chris