[plug] [revisited] mp3 downsizing

Timothy White weirdo at tigris.org
Mon Jan 3 15:42:14 WST 2005

Gavin Chester wrote:

>Thanks for you patience to explain this to me, Tim.  I've got it sussed
>now - though not as perfect as Lame preserving the tags, it is a good
>workaround.

Not a problem.

> Also, thanks for the scripting offer but I won't bother
>with extracting and copying back the tags.

To late. I've already written a script (well a wrapper for lame) from
the script called mp3id.
If you're still interested you can find it
here(http://sourceforge.net/projects/mp3re-encode/) as soon as I've
uploaded it.

>  I have learned more about
>encoding through this episode and I wish I had burned all my CDs in ogg
>format because now I know that I could have converted them to smaller
>mp3s afterwards anyway.  Doh! (& Duh!)

Yer. I learnt a similar lesson. After a few Gb of mp3s from CD, I've
discovered that Ogg Vorbis is nicer.

Tim

--
Tim White - Use the Fox, Luke!
PGP/GPG id: 602E944D, Pub Key Serv: subkeys.pgp.net