(Fwd) Re: Fwd: [plug] (OT) Sorry about the OT -

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Tue Jan 4 21:53:13 WST 2005

I have just received the following email from Chris Griffin, he seems to be having problems with
the PLUG mailing list.

Come to think of it - there hasn't been much noise at my end either ???

Can anybody help Chris ?

See below

Arie,

sorry to bother you but I am having trouble sending to the PLUG list
and was not sure how else to get in touch with "someone". I have sent
two emails in the last two weeks and neither seems to have made it to
the list, they have not been kicked back either. The last one I sent
was tonight and looks like the following:

----- From: Chris Griffin <griffinster at gmail.com> Reply-To: Chris Griffin <griffinster at gmail.com>
To: plug at plug.linux.org.au Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 21:09:40 +0800 Subject: Two questions, 1 USB and 2
Advansys SCSI controller

----- Greetings and Happy New Year to all,

I am running Fedore Core 3 on one of my systems and find that support
for my advansys SCSI controller no longer happens automagically. I
believe it has been left out?
Can someone please give me a quick rundown on what I must do to "make it so"?

I also decided to connect my iPaq (yes running that evil mini OS) via
the USB port. It shows up in the syslog as follows:

Jan  3 21:50:31 fedora-tst kernel: usb 1-1: new full speed USB device
using address 3
Jan  3 21:50:31 fedora-tst kernel: ipaq 1-1:1.0: PocketPC PDA converter detected
Jan  3 21:50:31 fedora-tst kernel: usb 1-1: PocketPC PDA converter now
attached to ttyUSB0

I have been trying to work out what it is I can do now to access it,
could anyone please give me some pointers on where to look from here?

Many thanks in advance for the sensible and polite answers.

Chris Griffin

----- Has something changed that I missed, I am still receiving email from the list??? If you can
see the problem or can pass it on, I would be greatful.

Many thanks Arie.

Chris Griffin

Regards Arie