[plug] Two questions, 1 USB and 2 Advansys SCSI controller

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Tue Jan 4 21:29:46 WST 2005

Chris Griffin wrote:

> I also decided to connect my iPaq (yes running that evil mini OS) via
> the USB port. It shows up in the syslog as follows:
>
> Jan  3 21:50:31 fedora-tst kernel: usb 1-1: new full speed USB device
> using address 3
> Jan  3 21:50:31 fedora-tst kernel: ipaq 1-1:1.0: PocketPC PDA converter detected
> Jan  3 21:50:31 fedora-tst kernel: usb 1-1: PocketPC PDA converter now
> attached to ttyUSB0
>
> I have been trying to work out what it is I can do now to access it,
> could anyone please give me some pointers on where to look from here?

Try removing the usbserial module and inserting the usb-eth module (or is it usbnet) prior to
hooking up the iPAQ. I'm pretty sure that WinCE only does serial. You can run a ppp daemon on
ttyUSB0 and get a ppp connection to it (which is how I downloaded the linux bootloader on mine).

A better solution of course is to wipe CE and install something sensible :p)

> Many thanks in advance for the sensible and polite answers.

Heh, thats asking a bit much.