(Fwd) [was: Re: (Fwd) Re: Fwd: [plug] (OT) Sorry about the OT -]

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Wed Jan 5 08:48:32 WST 2005

Regarding Chris Griffin's inquiry and Arie's comment about low message
volumes:

 - "Non-digest subscribers" (i.e. the majority) should have received
   almost 50 messages this year so far (looks like 48 including this
   one). That's about 10 per day on average. The average over the last
   two years has been a steady 30-35 messages per day.
 - There appeared to be some delays through ArachNet last week (I
   think), but as far as I know the e-mail still came through on the
   same day it was sent.
 - If there is a techincal problem with the delivery of one of your
   posts, you should normally get some automated feedback, so the
   absence of that feedback does indeed suggest a more severe problem.
 - If there is a problem, please provide at a minimum (as was done with
   one of Chris' messages -- thanks for that):
   + The date and time that you sent the missing message.
   + The subject, sender address and recipient address of the message.
   + The last time you received any message via the list.
 - I have seen the following two messages from Chris Griffin this year:
   (1.1K)Chris Griffin   04Jan at 21:09  [plug] Two questions, 1 USB...
   (0.5K)Chris Griffin   02Jan at 00:07  [plug] Advansys SCSI controller
   The sender is Chris Griffin <griffinster at gmail.com>. There has only
   been one reply (Brad Campbell responding to the USB/SCSI e-mail).
 - Senders have a subscription option that can be used to suppress
   copies of their own postings. However, this option does not appear
   to be in effect for Chris' address so that does not explain his
   problem.
 - I have not noticed the list software reporting any problems with
   Chris' Gmail account.