[plug] AVM Fritz! PCI card installation

Steve Boak sboak at westnet.com.au
Thu Jan 6 00:02:49 WST 2005

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 06:17 pm, Andrew Furey wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Does anyone have a known-good ISDN installation utilising one of these
> cards? We would like to swap the card back and forth with ours, to
> determine whether the card itself is faulty (see my previous post on
> this topic, which is still unchanged despite another 30mins on the
> phone to Telstra).
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Andrew

Sorry this doesn't answer your question, but is there any advantage to using a
PCI ISDN card? I connect my Telstra NT1 Plus-II box direct to my server via
USB, and run it as a standard serial modem. It's been working faultlessly 24
hours a day for over 18 months now, at full 128k with auto fallback to 64k
when the phone is in use.

Re your previous email mentioning asterisk - I also run this, and it works
fine through my ISDN configuration. See below for my numbers, you are quite
welcome to call my phone for testing. You may want to call on the landline to
see if I am here to answer the VoIP phone first :-)

Steve

--
Ph: +61 8 97560662, IP-Phone: FWD# 454566, e164.org# 61897560662

"Most men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most pick themselves
up and continue on as if nothing had happened." - Winston Churchill