[plug] Problems with Sendmail

Mark O'Shea mark at musicalstoat.co.uk
Fri Jan 7 12:01:28 WST 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 11:48, J. Richard Mortimer wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>

> I’ve been a long time Linux user, however I’ve been sucked back into
> the Windows world and my skillset in the *nix area is a little bit
> rusty.

<--snip-->
Hi,

You probably want to pay attention to the part of the file that says:

dnl This changes sendmail to only listen on the loopback device
127.0.0.1
dnl and not on any other network devices. Comment this out if you want
dnl to accept email over the network.
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')

This stops connections to sendmail from anything other than the loopback
device.  Use dnl (stands for delete until new line) to comment it out,
and rebuild.

--
Mark O'Shea