[plug] Problems with Sendmail

J. Richard Mortimer richardm at memo.com.au
Fri Jan 7 12:58:59 WST 2005

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the suggestion, however the local-host-names did contain the
domain:

[root at webbot mail]# cat local-host-names
# local-host-names - include all aliases for your machine here.
localhost
localdomain
localhost.localdomain
neophytte.mine.nu
webbot
127.0.0.1
202.72.154.34
[root at webbot mail]#

And the relay-domains file contains:

[root at webbot mail]# cat relay-domains
localhost
neophytte.mine.nu
webbot
127.0.0.1
202.72.154.34
192.168.0

[root at webbot mail]#

But I still get the same result in the logfile:

Jan  7 12:54:54 neophytte sendmail[2185]: j074ssPf002185: from=root,
size=1684, class=0, nrcpts=1,
msgid=<200501070454.j074ssPf002185 at neophytte.mine.nu>, relay=root at localhost
Jan  7 12:54:55 neophytte sendmail[2185]: j074ssPf002185: to=mortimer,
ctladdr=root (0/0), delay=00:00:01, xdelay=00:00:01, mailer=relay,
pri=30014, relay=neophytte.mine.nu. [202.72.154.34], dsn=4.0.0,
stat=Deferred: Connection refused by neophytte.mine.nu.

I'm presuming those two files look roughly correct, or won't have any
negative impact for containing all the names and IP addresses?

Thanks

Richard