[plug] Problems with Sendmail

J. Richard Mortimer richardm at memo.com.au
Mon Jan 10 10:50:47 WST 2005

Hi All,

Glad to say I finally got this one nutted out. The magic was performed by
the submit.cf file, and in the submit.mc the secret combination was:

FEATURE(`accept_unresolvable_domains')dnl
FEATURE(`msp', `[127.0.0.1]')dnl

Hopefully this snippet of information will go to the archives to help stop
future insanity with sendmail!!! Further details can be found here:

http://www.sendmail.org/m4/features.html#msp

It appears my default (which didn't contain the loopback IP) was correct for
my version of sendmail 8.12.5 - the line including the loopback IP is
correct for sendmail 8.12.6 and upwards, I'm unclear why my configuration
needed it, but it makes it happy.

Thanks to all who suggested and listened! Hopefully I can repay the favour
sometime.

Richard