[plug] Installfest (was: confused about linux)

Carl Gherardi carl.gherardi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 12:55:46 WST 2005

Is there another Installfest planned soon?

For non technical users switching OS's is pretty daunting - The
installfests povide a nice way to get past this first hurdle.

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 13:04:42 +0800, Craig Ringer
<craig at postnewspapers.com.au> wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-01-08 at 12:17, mary welch (mostly) wrote:
> > I am running Windows XP Pro at present and would like to convert to
> > Linux-Mandrake 10.1.

This is good - I know of noone that regretted the decision after converting.

> > I am not experienced in partition my computer either. I am using nero
> > Nero burner program too.

It was mentioned that k3b is pretty similar to Nero - I think you were
actually looking for
http://www.wizardskeep.org/mainhall/tutor/neroiso.html - How to burn a
downloadable is using nero (I think that menu it is under "Recorder"
in newer versions)

> I think others have answered most of your questions, but there's one
> point I think hasn't been emphasised enough:
>
> BACK UP ALL OF YOUR FILES.

I second that point.

Carl G