[plug] OpenOffice.org in a pre-press environment.

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Thu Jan 13 13:33:02 WST 2005

Hmm,

So, I've just spent the past five hours trying to get an ad in the
paper. The ad was made by me in OpenOffice.org Draw and was exported as
a "Press Optimized" PDF.

Newspaper comes back, sorry, it's in RGB, there are TrueType fonts in
there and we cannot see the border at the top of your ad.

How on earth do I make OOo actually play the way I want to?

What I want to do is choose a "mode" for the want of a better word that
will only show me Type 1 fonts, set the document up in CMYK and do the
work for me.

At this stage I've opened the PDF in Gimp at 1440 resolution and saved
it as a TIFF, so we'll see if that helps, but man this is really broken.

Any comments/ideas?

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S34°32'27" - E146°24'35" (Leeton, NSW)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..