[plug] mandrake

mary welch kiwiaus2003 at bigpond.com
Thu Jan 13 15:19:16 WST 2005

well first of all thank you for all your help especially the suggestion
of Arie about a learner's installation guide for Linux. if I was not to
determent to put mandrake on my machine ,i could easily be put off . i
have stopped using alot of microsoft programs including e-mail and
firewall. Also I dont use norton(symantec programs either. i use
thunderbird and AVG and zone alarm. i have installed these programs on
my friends computer too and they love them and the finally move is
windows . I now find that my hp psc 2210 is not supported by mandrake
according to HP(i spoke to them on live chat). i am downloading at
present mandrake official 10.0 not 10.1 (thanks for your help in this).
I have no chose but to partition as I want to keep my printer(it is new
and very good).my computer is i586 not i486(i did more ground work and
found out).my questions are:
1: is partitioning done during installation or before.
2: how much space is allocated to windows and mandrake as mandrake will
be my main operating system(or do you decide this for yourself).
3:i live in the great southern near Kojonup anyone live near there.
4: i know it is hard to explain to people like me but your help is very
much appreciated and we all began at this point where i am.
as you see I am a newbieeeeeeee.