[plug] OpenOffice.org in a pre-press environment.

J Michael Gilks mike.gilks at westnet.com.au
Sun Jan 16 19:21:59 WST 2005

> In the end, I'm not sure OO.o is really the best app to be using when
> generating PDF for print. The only free-software app I'm familiar with
> that generates fairly good press-ready PDF is Scribus. It may be worth
> looking into - 1.2.1 just came out, and it's considerably improved.

Linux magazine,the pommy one, are currently running a series on laying out a
newspaper using Scribus, Has some interesting discussion of layout and in
particular CMYK issues.
Is not in the online archive,unfortunately, but the two issues are No 49 and
50.

http://www.linux-magazine.com

is the website for the magazine.
The third installment is next issue, but if you would like to borrow my copy
for a read I could let it go for a few days.

Love
Mike.