[plug] Dropped Mandrake RPMs for Gentoo package management

Gavin Chester gavinchester1 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 13 21:39:00 WST 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 15:30, WolfBite wrote:
> Same here :)
> raised on Mandrake and loved it :)
>
> But got SICK of the RPM hunt.

-snip-

Coming late to this thread ...

I am using RH8.0 - a dated version, I know.  However, I have used the
version of APT adapted for RPM distros for some time and find that it's
just GREAT.  However, because support for my version has ceased the
updates have become non-existent.  Time to upgrade, I guess.

The big thing about APT (I know, you already know) is that you don't
worry about dependency madness at all.  The only thing you have to worry
about using APT is getting a good list of repositories and avoiding
cross-repository-version madness.  But then that's the same with any APT
repositories in Debian too, isn't it?

Regards, Gavin.