[plug] HK SoundSticks

Jon L. Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Fri Jan 14 19:26:52 WST 2005

I recently got hold of a Harman Kardon SoundSticks multimedia sound
system.  From what I'm told and from what I've read it appears that
these speakers can be made to run in Linux and Windows.  They are a usb
device with no drivers.  I've checked lsusb and they are listed as well
as in dmesg.
Like to know 1) if anyone has tackled this before and got it running; 2)
if anyone has heard of how to get this to work.
I'm using SuSE Linux 9.2 w/ kernel-smp-2.6.8-24.
The soundcard is an internal soundcard AC-97 that comes with the Mini-ME
System from EPoX

linux:/home/jlmiller # lsusb
Bus 005 Device 003: ID 04b4:6830 Cypress Semiconductor Corp.
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 004 Device 003: ID 05fc:7849 Harman Multimedia
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 003 Device 003: ID 1019:0c55
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 045e:0039 Microsoft Corp. IntelliMouse Optical
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
linux:/home/jlmiller # dmesg | grep -i Harman
usb 4-1: Manufacturer: harman/kardon
usb 4-1: Manufacturer: harman/kardon
input: USB HID v1.00 Device [harman/kardon SoundSticks] on
usb-0000:00:1d.3-1

Info found in Hardware Info from YaST2
Device:snd-usb-audio
Device:SoundSticks