[plug] Backing up to DVD

Shayne O'Neill shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au
Sun Jan 16 23:10:19 WST 2005

backup pc is utterly the bomb. Its awesome. I've struggled heaps with
backup stuff, particularly since we have such a diverse environment at
work. Linux server. Linux app server/terminals. Os/X boxes. OS/9
Boxes/ Windows. But with the exception of the Os/9 boxes (handled
admirably by another app) , backuppc is perfect because it doesnt require
any client software on the linux boxes and I think on the Os/X boxes
(havent deployed there yet.) For the rest, use rsync.

The interface is sooo nice.

--
"Well, I think if you say you're going to do something and don't do
it, that's trustworthiness."