[plug] xine query

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 17 13:32:01 WST 2005

Whoah, that's difficult!

xine and MPlayer (and probably most players) are designed to play DVDs when
they're not mounted. The old way of doing things was to mount the disc, and
play the .vob files directly, which was very primitive. Now it's meant to
play unmounted discs and can play encrypted DVDs (which is probably your
problem) with libdvdcss. Try googling libdvdcss and libdvdread and that
should help you out (as long as you play 'em directly at least).

If you're playing with weird networky stuff or whatever kind of loopback
you've got going going on, try out videoLAN, which I thinks is at
videolan.org.

"...it was brilliant, there was three up against a thousand, and boy, did we
give those three heaps!"