[plug] LTSP - Linux Terminal Server Project - LiveCD?

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Tue Jan 18 16:50:04 WST 2005

Does anyone know of a live-cd version of LTSP that will run the server
off a live-cd and perhaps allow me to create some floppies to configure
some etherboot clients?

I've come into a small town where the local community college is a
little under-funded and their hardware consists of 8 x Pentium 120
machines with 16Mb of RAM.

I can bring in my desktop to act as a server, but I'd rather not subject
my hard-disk content to the class room.

Any other suggestions will also be accepted.

One machine even has 64Mb of RAM, and it even booted Knoppix - mostly,
but it was pretty unbearable. The other machines fail to boot off a CD
at all, even if BIOS is set to boot from CD first.

Suggestions welcomed,

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S34°32'27" - E146°24'35" (Leeton, NSW)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..