[plug] SAMBA file size limit?

Simon Scott simon at plumtek.com
Mon Jan 24 17:54:33 WST 2005

Hey all

Ive got a samba 3.0.7 installation here with some shares etc

The crux of the problem is that I have a directory with a 3.9G file in
it - and connecting from windows or smbclient and trying to get the file
results in 'access denied' or NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED.

I have a smaller file in the same directory with exactly the same
permissions and it gets fine.

Could the problem be the size of the file?

Im stumped - I redid all of the group mappings etc and checked the
config file again and again...... it must be a bug or something more
bizarre!

Thanks

--
Simon Scott