[plug] Need a shop that polishes CD's

Jim Householder nofixed at westnet.com.au
Mon Jan 24 21:02:56 WST 2005

Brad Campbell wrote:
> Senectus . wrote:
>
>> My copy Of SuSE Enterprise server is badly scuffed.. and I need it,
>> does anyone know of a shop that will polish cd's ??
>> Preferably south of the river, maybe even in the Bentley region?
>>

> I use toothpaste on the tip of my finger.. (Brasso is too coarse)
>
> As long as the label side is not punctured and you can't see light
> through the disk you should be able to polish out, or at least smooth
> the edges of any scratch sufficiently to get a good read/copy of the disk.

Some brands of toothpaste are more abbrasive than others.  A good way of testing, short of applying it to a test cd, is to put a bit in a plastic sandwich bag and rub it between your fingers.  If it is abbrasive you should be able to feel it.  Amway's Glister toothpaste is non-abbrasive.  Whether it is suitable or not is left as an excercise for the reader...

HTH
Jim