[plug] Newbie Guide - The beginning

Kev kdownes at tpg.com.au
Fri Jan 28 12:13:25 WST 2005

Hi Arie

I'm a "relative" newbie, in that I've been playing with Linux for about
a year now but still keep it as a play thing, as it's just too hard to
get any really USEFUL help for a newbie (eg what's wiki?).  As for web
resources - there's just too much of it out there to sort through for a
newbie.  Most PLUG help (not all) is simply barrow pushing and showing
off great knowledge, and generally of negative value.  (If I hadn't met
1 particular PLUG member I'd have given up 11 months ago!)

I'd like to offer my help to do this project for several reasons ...

1. I'll learn a lot myself.
2. I really DO know most of the gripes of newbies.
3. While mostly *nix illiterate I'm not generally systems illiterate.
4. I have time.

Contact me off list if you want to accept my offer.

Cheers
Kev Downes