[Fwd: Re: [plug] ma111 usb wireless adapter]

darren dylnx at westnet.com.au
Sun Jan 30 13:20:07 WST 2005

Hi Craig  yes you are right the ma111 is a  wireless usb ethernet
adapter from netgear ,next time ill be more detailed with my question .i
typed the iwconfig wlan0 command and it shows a different essid not the
essid of my lan ,which is one of my problems i have relized.signal
strength looks good and there is no mac address for the ap  .i can
connect by using sudo wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq_autojoin
ssid=<thecorrectssid> authtype=opensystem then dhclient wlan0 and it
gets its ip and everything is working ok,but when i boot the ssid is the
original i had entered and of course i then have no connection. which
file needs to be edited to correct this problem?
Thanks Darren