[plug] Mozilla calendar and apache mod-dav

rpowersau at gmail.com rpowersau at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 14:31:51 WST 2005

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 14:13:54 +0800, Cameron Patrick
<cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au> wrote:
> Timothy White wrote:
>
> > If anyone can get Apache and mod_dav working then please let us know. I
> > have search high and low but can't find very much.
> >
> > I have 'DAV on' in my httpd.conf file and I followed instructions (from
> > a HOWTO IIRC) to the word.
>
> Here's what I'm using to provide read-only DAV access:
>
> <Location />
>         DAV On
>         <LimitExcept GET HEAD OPTIONS PROPFIND>
>                 Order deny,allow
>                 Deny from all
>         </LimitExcept>
>         <Limit GET HEAD OPTIONS PROPFIND>
>                 Order allow,deny
>                 Allow from all
>         </Limit>
> </Location>

Thanks mate.

I've got it working now. Don't know exactly what made it work but I
installed mod_ssl and then created a webdav directory under /var/www,
made www-data the owner and group with permissions 750.

There's a redhat howto at:

http://www.twilight-systems.com/flacco/mozcal/mozcal-webdav-apache2-rh9.html

That I kinda "paraphrased"/interpreted into debian.  ;)

> Note that for apache2 you need to have both mod_dav and mod_dav_fs
> installed for DAV to work.  (The former is "general" DAV module and
> the latter the specific case of making a Unix filesystem accessible
> via DAV.)
>
> I presume that providing write access would be a matter of adjusting
> the permissions given in the <Limit>s, setting up authentication and
> making sure that the appropriate directories are writable by the web
> server user, but have never tried to use DAV for writing.
>
> Cameron.

Regards,
Russ