[plug] Mozilla calendar and apache mod-dav

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Sun Jan 30 14:13:54 WST 2005

Timothy White wrote:

> If anyone can get Apache and mod_dav working then please let us know. I
> have search high and low but can't find very much.
>
> I have 'DAV on' in my httpd.conf file and I followed instructions (from
> a HOWTO IIRC) to the word.

Here's what I'm using to provide read-only DAV access:

<Location />
        DAV On
        <LimitExcept GET HEAD OPTIONS PROPFIND>
                Order deny,allow
                Deny from all
        </LimitExcept>
        <Limit GET HEAD OPTIONS PROPFIND>
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
        </Limit>
</Location>

Note that for apache2 you need to have both mod_dav and mod_dav_fs
installed for DAV to work.  (The former is "general" DAV module and
the latter the specific case of making a Unix filesystem accessible
via DAV.)

I presume that providing write access would be a matter of adjusting
the permissions given in the <Limit>s, setting up authentication and
making sure that the appropriate directories are writable by the web
server user, but have never tried to use DAV for writing.

Cameron.