[plug] Newbie Guide - The beginning

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Sun Jan 30 16:25:02 WST 2005

Jim Householder wrote:

> Recent research has shown that quality of life appears to be inversly
> proportional to the number of choices one has... (sorry I can't provide
> a reference here)

I disagree with this comment quite strongly.
People who are not faced with choices become institutionalized.
I keep fairly brushed up on most psychological studies regarding choices and life decisions (it's an
essential part of Prison design).

The more choices you give a person, the more possibility they have for variety in life, and also the
less likely they are to become a zombie (ms windows users?).

It's quite a long and interesting discussion.

Brad