HIJACKED Re: [plug] Linux hardware compatibility

Gavin Chester gavinchester1 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 31 07:29:06 WST 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-30 at 18:39, James Devenish wrote:
> In message <41FCA2B6.5000209 at tigris.org>
> on Sun, Jan 30, 2005 at 05:02:46PM +0800, Timothy White wrote:
> > If I say anything more about "Reply-To" munging (which the list uses)
> > then a flame war may erupt. I will say though that the biggest problem
> > that prevents some lists from disabling the munging is...
>
> I consider it a lack of IETF standardisation for mailing-list replies.

Ho Boy, did you guys really think that it is acceptable netiquette to
completely hijack this thread with completely unrelated discussion about
double emails and such???  What an irony. Shame, Shame, Shame.

And, with concurrent threads discussing Newbies' Guides, I think some
people here need to go back and read how to post to a mailing list
before they set even more bad examples to Newbies.

Back on the thread:
Thanks to those who replied on-topic.  It was reassuring that some know
of bleeding-edge systems that work with Linux without having to stand on
your head to do it.  I guess I'll try my son with FC3 in the first
instance because it seems most likely to support the newest hardware.

Regards, Gavin.