HIJACKED Re: [plug] Linux hardware compatibility

Michael quadfour at iinet.net.au
Mon Jan 31 08:07:26 WST 2005

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Gavin Chester wrote:

> On Sun, 2005-01-30 at 18:39, James Devenish wrote:
>> In message <41FCA2B6.5000209 at tigris.org>
>> on Sun, Jan 30, 2005 at 05:02:46PM +0800, Timothy White wrote:
>>> If I say anything more about "Reply-To" munging (which the list uses)
>>> then a flame war may erupt. I will say though that the biggest problem
>>> that prevents some lists from disabling the munging is...
>>
>> I consider it a lack of IETF standardisation for mailing-list replies.
>>

> Ho Boy, did you guys really think that it is acceptable netiquette to
> completely hijack this thread with completely unrelated discussion about
> double emails and such???  What an irony. Shame, Shame, Shame.
>
> And, with concurrent threads discussing Newbies' Guides, I think some
> people here need to go back and read how to post to a mailing list
> before they set even more bad examples to Newbies.
>
> Back on the thread:
> Thanks to those who replied on-topic.  It was reassuring that some know
> of bleeding-edge systems that work with Linux without having to stand on
> your head to do it.  I guess I'll try my son with FC3 in the first
> instance because it seems most likely to support the newest hardware.

Actually, I have made a custom DVD iso of Mandrake 10.1 for x86_64 since
you can't download one. Its a bit of a custom one as far as packages. It
has all official packages, some 32-bit packages, and some contrib
packages too. I havn't tested it as yet, but it should work correctly.
I'll be testing is on Thursday, so if interested in a copy, lemme know
and I'll let you know the outcome.

Cheers
Michael Collard