[plug] Newbys guide

harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Mon Jan 31 13:22:37 WST 2005

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 10:55:05 +0800 "Arie Hol" <arie99 at ozemail.com.au>
wrote:

> I am just disappointed that the support I am getting is not coming from
> the people I was looking towards for that support (apart from a few
> exceptions).
>
> The people that I respected the most - have been the ones who have let me
> down.

I've never seen respect so well articulated on the PLUG list as I've seen
in some recent threads. Some good ideas have come from them however.

Generally people get to know each other and understand their language. But
keep an eye out for irony, sarcasm, and Pythonesque absurdity. That's less
obvious. Sometimes people get cross on the list too but generally try to
get it off their chest in the most respectful way they can muster.

All the best
Harry