[plug] Newbys guide

harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Mon Jan 31 14:10:30 WST 2005

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 09:26:56 +0800 "Innis Cunningham" <innisc at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Guys
> When I brought this subject up at the AGM it wasn't to create more work
> for other members.It was just to get a better personal interaction at the
> workshop meetings. Between the long term members and the new members.
> Having said that I would also like to say thank you to the people in the
> club how have picked up the ball and run with it(hope I am not getting to
> jargonistic
> here). :-)

Hi Innis

I liked your spark plug analogy :) Knowing previous work that you've done
(and having a dad who was 20 years a commercial pilot, knowing how much it
mattered) I can understand "wanting it right first time". Also not wanting to
"break the box I'm relying on", I've previously had two hard disks
installed and physically swapped the IDE cable across so I had a scratch
system I could hack with impunity; always checking the IDE cable was in the
right one first !! :-)

Milan has disk caddies to swap distros and I figure that's a cunning way to
do it as well.

Thanks for the feedback. Just your posting to the list is really heartening
given the opinions recently that it is a battleground.

All the best
Harry

--
Are you a computer angel?	http://www.computerangels.org.au/