[plug] Newbys guide

Innis Cunningham innisc at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 31 14:51:04 WST 2005

Hi Harry

  harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au

Writes

>Hi Innis
>
>I liked your spark plug analogy :) Knowing previous work that you've done
>(and having a dad who was 20 years a commercial pilot, knowing how much it
>mattered) I can understand "wanting it right first time". Also not wanting
>"break the box I'm relying on", I've previously had two hard disks
>installed and physically swapped the IDE cable across so I had a scratch
>system I could hack with impunity; always checking the IDE cable was in the
>right one first !! :-)
>
>Milan has disk caddies to swap distros and I figure that's a cunning way to
>do it as well.

This is interesting as I have my fair share of old hard drives that would
not matter
if they got broke.Being able to do an install with out having to worry about
the boot
loader or breaking other OS's would be helpfull.
Are these one off's or commercially available?.

>Thanks for the feedback. Just your posting to the list is really heartening
>given the opinions recently that it is a battleground.

Yes well I can understand most of what is going on in this thread.That is
not the case with a lot of the others. :-)

Cheers
Innis