[plug] .NET, Mono, Cross platform....

Anne Busby anne.busby at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 09:07:14 WST 2005

Mono is not the only implementation of .NET on Linux - DotGNU
Portable.NET (an Australian Project) <http://www.dotgnu.org/pnet.html;
http://www.southern-storm.com.au/portable_net.html> is another
project.

If you write it in C# and use Window.Forms library of Portable.NET, It
will run on windows, without code changes! I have done it.

Not all of the Window.Forms namespace has been completed, but you will
need to check the   web site for more details, as I'm have not updated
my copy recently.

As to linking in the C and Fortran libraries - post a message on the
Portable.NET mailing list, I have not tried it.