[plug] AMD sues Intel

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Fri Jul 1 13:26:33 WST 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-01 at 13:05 +0800, Phillip Kilby wrote:
> Yeah true, if MS can do it, why not everyone else hey?
>
> Phillip.

I do hope this gentle irony was directed at MS/Intel, and not at me. :-)

But, yes, if I was a the CEO of a multi-billion $ company and saw a
quick and dirty chance to up my takings by 25%, and then charge all the
market would bear, and took a look at what happened when MS did it, I
might also defide that the results of their tactics far outweighed the
negatives. It's an easy way to get a few million $ bonus from the
shareholders.

Having said that, there are 6 machines in my home. One is a Celeron
laptop, and another is a Celeron 1700 - all the rest are AMD, and any
new ones (except laptops) will be AMD as well. I have long felt that
Intel was the MS of hardware. :-)