[plug] wow.. hell got a bit cooler today...

simon simon at plumtek.com
Fri Jul 1 15:30:46 WST 2005

Chris Caston (caston at arach.net.au) wrote:

> > Linux is what it is, and as Linus says it is 'good enough'. Windows is OK for
> > certain things too (my 3 year old aint ready for X, although she doddles
> > around XP and OS X just fine).
>
> Ye olde Microbee kept me amused at the tender age of 6 I don't see why
> XFce or fluxbox couldn't easily do the same for a youngling today.

Ahhh, I miss lemonade stand on the microbee. I also seem to remember the logo
interpreter being a ripsnorter.

Funnily enough, she (being Miss 3) has decided she hates windows, and wants to
windows/mac versions on the same CD, and I cant be bothered setting up Wine
for her.

Her PC also doubles as a machine for linux-fearing friends who come over, so I
think she's stuck with it :)

--
Simon Scott
simon at plumtek.com