[plug] Pet Hates

simon simon at plumtek.com
Sun Jul 3 13:51:58 WST 2005

Brad Campbell (brad at wasp.net.au) wrote:

> Perhaps read up on Li-ION and see how the charging system works. You will see this
> is not even remotely true. You will find that what kills Li-ION batteries is the heat
> of a machine constantly running. Take your batteries out and keep them in the fridge,
> they will last longer :p)

really? its heat?

that goes against everything Ive seen, but Ill trust you. :) for example, my
mobile battery still works as well as the day I got the phone (probably more
than 3 years ago now), while others I know have gone through several
phones/batteries in the same period. Phones dont run hot, I cant imagine that
Im simply cooler or in cooler environments than these people, and Im the only
one I know who runs his battery flat before charging. They all 'top up'
constantly.

A mate who works for NDC claims Li Ion stuff is no better than Nicad for this
type of abuse, and its pretty much common knowledge there.

--
Simon Scott
simon at plumtek.com
mob: 0409113359