[plug] Need help getting into publisher files.

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Sun Jul 3 21:09:55 WST 2005

On Sunday 03 July 2005 16:27, Meryon Montgomery wrote:
> The problem is this; they have several publisher documents that they
> need to get into, I've googled and found that there is no one easy
> solution to this problem (has to do with the horrible file format
> that publisher uses).

Having a couple of different printing companies as customers... if you
want to add some fine new invective to your collection, ask them about
MS-Publisher files. Even trying to print-to-PS or -PDF is a risk.
MS-Publisher likes to reflow stuff, and tweak positions just a
snidgeon, which is often enough to break the document and require
significant hand-editing.

If you have a .pub to get printed, make sure it looks good on the
screen, the print through a high-resolution PostScript printer and save
the output to a file. View that and make sure it all looks fine (zoom
in on the last line in each section to make sure it "ain't bin et") and
then Zip (with 7-Zip, which makes better Zips than Zip) and send that
to the printer instead.

Cheers; Leon

http://linux.org.au/            Member, Linux Australia