[plug] Pet Hates

Shannon Carver Shannon.Carver at P-S-T.COM.AU
Mon Jul 4 15:17:41 WST 2005

I must admit this hasn't happened in a while, but we were talking about
it today.  I hate it when someone (usually the uninformed), says "I
finally got the internet the other day".  I'd love to reply "And it fit
all on your 20GB hard drive did it?"

I also hate peoples misconception of the terms "bits" & "bytes".
Previously working support at an ISP, fielding questions related to 512k
ADSL connections only download at 50k a second and 56k dialup modems
only downloading around 6 sent me insane.

I also dislike people who whinge about Windows XP all day, I've seen a
few of them, if you don't like it, wind the setting right back to make
it 2k like, or reinstall windows 2000.

There's more, I'm sure.  But there's a few.

Shannon

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-bounces at plug.org.au [mailto:plug-bounces at plug.org.au] On
Behalf Of skribe
Sent: Monday, 4 July 2005 2:57 PM
To: plug at plug.org.au
Subject: Re: [plug] Pet Hates

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 12:37, simon wrote:
> Hi all
>
> thought it would be fun to start a thread about technology based pet
hates
> on a sleepy sunday.

People that have designed a few web pages and believe that they know
everything about network security.

People that insist that Outlook is secure.

People that believe html mail is perfectly secure.

BTW, I'm back =).

When's the next installfest?

skribe
--
Public key information available at:
http://www.amber.com.au/~skribe/publickey.html

In the space of one hundred and seventy-six years the Mississippi has
shortened itself two hundred and forty-two miles.  Therefore ... in the
Old
Silurian Period the Mississippi River was upward of one million three
hundred
thousand miles long ... seven hundred and forty-two years from now the
Mississippi will be only a mile and three-quarters long.  ... There is
something fascinating about science.  One gets such wholesome returns of
conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact.
		-- Mark Twain

Xaraya Content Management Solutions http://www.xaraya.com/
PLUG discussion list: plug at plug.org.au