[plug] mythtv errors

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Jul 5 15:00:24 WST 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 14:51 +0800, Caleb Duggan wrote:
> I really have no idea how to set up the sql server properly......and how
> do i set up the user name and password?

It should be in the MythTV documentation somewhere. I hope so at least,
as MySQL's user managment is a PITA and a simple recipe would be a big
help to users. If not, there's a section on user management in the MySQL
manual, which you probably have a local copy of and if not can find on
the MySQL website.

I don't remember much about using it now, as I mostly use PostgreSQL .
Chances are any recipe I supplied would be wrong - I'm not even entirely
sure my earlier comment re CREATE USER and GRANT is correct for MySQL.

--
Craig Ringer