[plug] Unix file permission problem (I think)

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Thu Jul 7 23:25:38 WST 2005

Steve Boak wrote:

> I am trying to create a directory 'Linux' on a basically empty partition
> mounted on '/var/share/download', logged in as normal user 'steve'.

How recently did you add yourself to the group?  If you haven't logged
out and back in (note that e.g. restarting your xterm is not enough,
you need to re-authenticate) then you might not have the relevant
group access.

You can quickly check by seeing that `id` and `id steve` give the same
set of groups.

Cameron.