[plug] Prices

Shannon Carver Shannon.Carver at P-S-T.COM.AU
Mon Jul 11 09:18:49 WST 2005

DMA requires an initial garuantee of $20k in the first year or something
I believe, I don't think it used to be this way previously.  There are a
few other guys around the place.  Zeus in West Perth, and RTV in East
Perth, easy to get accounts with, but I believe they're buying and
reselling from DMA anyway.

We use EDSys (just down the road from DMA in Osbourne Park), primarily
in Perth, but bulk networking orders come from Lan1, Eastern States
company with a local office.  And we've just opened an account recently
with Omega, who seem to be quite large, and were recommended to us by
Ingram Micro (formerly Tech Pacific, well made up from Tech Pacific), as
we couldn't satisfy their signup requirements.  There's no way in hell
we can consistently purchase $xx,000 of hardware for that :P

Hope that helps

Shannon

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-bounces at plug.org.au [mailto:plug-bounces at plug.org.au] On
Behalf Of Chris Caston
Sent: Monday, 11 July 2005 9:10 AM
To: plug at plug.org.au; Chris Watt
Subject: Re: [plug] Prices

On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 08:57, Chris Watt wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I'm looking for a direct supplier (wharhouse, even if I can't seem to
> spell it today) that will be able to supply a large proportion of the
> new infrastructure for Midway.  I need one that doesn't require that
> we spend a certain amount each month, as we will be buying one large
> lot and then buying bits and pieces as we need them.

Are you talking computer hardware wholesalers?

The only one I know of that has monthly quotas is Tech Pacific.
The rest like DMA, Legend, IT Wholesale, Softline, Anyware etc aren't to
fussed.

With Achieva you need to spend $2g to open your account but I believe
there's no quotas after that.

regards,

Chris

PLUG discussion list: plug at plug.org.au