[plug] Prices

Daniel Pearson gpearson at iinet.net.au
Mon Jul 11 09:30:02 WST 2005

Pricewise, I recommend Synnex - they generally tend to carry lots of
stock on hand also. Just actually going in to pickup the goods can
sometimes take a while ;-)

http://www.synnex.com.au/

I find DMA to be overpriced on most goods these days, unfortunately -
they're more of a solutions provider now.

You may also want to check out Altech Distribution http://www.altech.com.au/

Cheers

Shannon Carver wrote:

>DMA requires an initial garuantee of $20k in the first year or something
>I believe, I don't think it used to be this way previously.  There are a
>few other guys around the place.  Zeus in West Perth, and RTV in East
>Perth, easy to get accounts with, but I believe they're buying and
>reselling from DMA anyway.
>
>We use EDSys (just down the road from DMA in Osbourne Park), primarily
>in Perth, but bulk networking orders come from Lan1, Eastern States
>company with a local office.  And we've just opened an account recently
>with Omega, who seem to be quite large, and were recommended to us by
>Ingram Micro (formerly Tech Pacific, well made up from Tech Pacific), as
>we couldn't satisfy their signup requirements.  There's no way in hell
>we can consistently purchase $xx,000 of hardware for that :P
>
>Hope that helps
>
>Shannon

*Daniel Pearson
*Flashware Solutions ABN 58 438 456 919
Mob: 0438 118 897  |  Email: daniel at flashware.net
<mailto:daniel at flashware.net>

The information contained in this electronic transmission is
confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this
transmission, use of this information is strictly prohibited.  If you
have received this transmission in error, please contact Flashware
Solutions 0438 118 897.