[plug] Buying a laptop

Benjamin Woods woodsb02 at iinet.net.au
Mon Jul 11 23:11:19 WST 2005

Sounds like IBM is the way to go if he gets us a good deal?

He doesnt work for IBM.
He works for Moncreif... which sell IBM.
He spoke to his manager who said that any good deals they are getting as a
company they will sell to us at their cost price (we are GOOD friends!).

It depends though... I really do like the idea of a 17" wide screen!

But it MUST be linux supported! (I am formatting straight after i get
it!).

I will smack Slackware 10.1 on it, and upgrade to current! Booyah!

I checked out an IBM T Series with similar specs and it cost $5700!
How could he possible get us a deal even close to that price for the dell?
I expect $4000 would be the absolute best!?
Still waiting to see...

One more question: Intel Centrino M processor 2.0 Ghz or Intel Pentium 4
3.6 GHz? or even AMD?
What are your opinions?

Cheers

From: Benjamin Woods