[plug] DSL Lines

Shannon Carver Shannon.Carver at P-S-T.COM.AU
Wed Jul 13 16:06:10 WST 2005

It's not possible with the ADSL1 standard to physically "bond" the lines together to make one pipe, I believe.  You can take steps to try and do the same thing with a load balancing router/Linux EQL.

I was reading a spec sheet on ADSL2/2+ recently (Linked from Whirlpool I think), which stated that one of the many advantages with ADSL2/2+ was the ability to bond lines into one.

Please corrent me if I'm wrong :P

Shannon

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-bounces at plug.org.au [mailto:plug-bounces at plug.org.au] On Behalf Of Onno Benschop
Sent: Wednesday, 13 July 2005 3:05 PM
To: plug at plug.org.au
Subject: Re: [plug] DSL Lines

Chris Watt wrote:

>Is it possible to run multiple DSL lines into a single piece of
>hardware that will make the server act as though the line is one big
>line?

I suspect that multilink-ppp is an option, or load balancing using
round-robin, or asking your ISP, but I've not done it, know of anyone
who did or had enough need to actually follow any of my suggestions up
to the next level.

So, I'm *guessing* yes.

--
Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S34°45'36.5" - E139°00'08.7" (Mount Pleasant, SA)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..