[plug] PLUG library/burner/demo machine - passing around the begging bowl

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Fri Jul 15 19:07:08 WST 2005

harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au wrote:

> Hi Cameron
>
> How many members does PLUG have so I can apply a sophisticated algorithm to
> make sure my donation is meaningful?

We have 61 current members.  However not all of these are active and
not all of those active in the PLUG community have current memberships.

We have 48 lapsed members.  There was supposed to be a script that
automated reminding these people when their membership lapsed as part
of the New Régime last year, but it never got written.  (Incidentally,
quite a few mailing list regulars and others heavily involved in the
Perth Linux scene are included on this list.  If you've been a past
PLUG member we'd encourage you to check by looking at the expiry date
on your membership card, or logging in to
    https://secure.plug.org.au/members/
if you don't have one.)

> Are you planning to give naming rights to the highest donor ?

Not fussed :-)  If it'd encourage anyone to bid higher, it can be done.
Names along the plug theme (shameless.plug, kettle.plug, spark.plug
being our current servers) would be cool though.

Cheers,

Cameron.