[plug] Interactive generation of polygons from segments

Gavin Chester gavinchester1 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 17 17:57:36 WST 2005

On Sun, 2005-07-17 at 16:16 +0800, Jim Leven wrote:
> G'day All
>
> I need to be able to generate polygons from segments
> (series of X,Y points) in an interactive mode.
> I am looking for an interactive geometry program that
> can do this..
>
> Can anyone point me to something suitable?

Don't have direct experience with what you want but you may want to
look at Dr.Geo:

http://www.ofset.org/drgeo
"Dr. Geo is a GTK interactive geometry software. It allows one to create
geometric figure plus the interactive manipulation of such figure in
respect with their geometric constraints. It is usable in teaching
situation with students from primary or secondary level."

There's a deb package available at
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/math/drgeo.html

OR

search among categorised tools of a similar nature at
http://richtech.ca/cgi-bin/seul/seulvw.pl?category=Math
or heaps more at
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/math/

Sorry can't give a specific recommendation beyond Dr.Geo.

HTH

Gavin