[plug] [OYish] MFC 210c

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Sun Jul 17 19:50:03 WST 2005

On 17 Jul 2005 at 18:09, Chris Watt wrote:

> I'm not sure if he tried attaching it before or not, i havent seen it
> yet, these are just the symptons.
>
> How do I reinstall the TCP/IP protocol?
>

> On 7/17/05, Arie Hol <arie99 at ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> >

> > On 17 Jul 2005 at 11:13, Daniel Pearson wrote:
> >
> > > Buggy software and/or OS?
> > >
> > > Tried connecting it to another machine to see if it exhibits the same
> > > symptoms?

> > Try re-installing the TCP/IP protocol.

I suggested this because the symptoms appear to be similar to a situation I have seen before -
where "something" has corrupted the TCP stack in Windows - re-installing TCP/IP has always worked
for me - but I cannot guarantee it would work in this situation.

I am not familiar with Win Xp, but in Win 98 - you do it under network properties - you just remove
the network component called TCP/IP - reboot the machine then - go back to Network properties and
"Add" the network component called TCP/IP - you will need to re-configure the IP settings and the
Bindings to their original settings. So make a few notes of the existing settings before you start.

If you are not confident with this - then I suggest you seek another solution (the MS knowledge
Base may have something here but I do not know of any direct links).

Maybe the following could be of some help :

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/library/ServerHelp/7073b21d-d5ec-
4bc9-bb7c-3a85c1699c44.mspx

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/library/ServerHelp/ee9f567a-7ff0-
43e7-b0c8-c8ac36cbe9b0.mspx

Or for more background goto :

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314067

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/samplechapters/cnbd/cnbd_trb_tctu.asp

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/operations/system/tcpiptrb.mspx

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/library/ServerHelp/6a498c68-fcc4-
4d46-a2f2-b9019ce1d707.mspx

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/centers/networking/default.mspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/winsock/winsock/tcp_ip_raw_sockets_2.asp

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/networking/tcpip03.mspx

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/howitworks/communications/networkbasics/tcpip_implemen
t.asp

http://www.microsoft.com/MSPress/books/5030.asp

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/newsgroups/dgbrowser/en-
us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.win2000.networking

HTH

Regards Arie